Showing the new controls, combat mechanics, and AI.
Some of the highlights:
- New controls setup and improved input responsiveness.
- Using an ability is now done by a dir key + the special key ("W")
- Double tap a dir key to roll, there is also an experimental dedicated roll key ("R")
- Grab key is now "A".
- AI should behave more realistically rather than hurp derp get to your face while countering everything.
- Combat balance changes. Every action should be meaningful. Even basic moves like regular strikes, dash attack and grab can be very powerful if used correctly. Special moves are generally nerfed across the board. They are still powerful but they should no longer be the only "useable" move against the AI.
- Standing grab attempts can only be executed after 2 basic strikes. There is a window of opportunity for the victim to react after the 2nd hit. Regular jabs no longer interrupt grab attempts.
- Stamina management plays a bigger role now. Guarding now takes more stamina and you can block fewer "impactful" moves.
- I would list the exact changes to combat mechanics but I realize its too much change to get a sense of it from reading, so just treat it like a new system.
Since there are many changes, there could be many new bugs. I am looking for some mega-alpha testers to test it out AND GIVE FEEDBACK ON CONTROLS AND BALANCE. If you are interested in participating, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.