Description

Live Chat: Discord.
Get the latest builds: Patreon.
Get Mods here: Reddit.
Public Version for Heroine Rescue Team (v0.51): Here.
Download for Heroine Rumble is at the Heroine Rumble page.

Saturday, March 23, 2019

Patch preview

Build's not ready yet. So here is a sneak peak of what I am working on and what you can expect on the next build.


Added a combat tutorial/training side mission that tries to explain the basics of the combat system. The environment might look different in the patch/changed in the future - I'm more focused on the scripting side of things atm.

Next thing I want to add is an entire new zone. Let's call it Woods. (Since Forest is taken) It features new unit types.


The first is "Plant Girl" (Yes I know there are alternative names but not everyone is familiar with them). There are ranged attackers. Eventually I want them to attack using vines, but that's probably not going to make it in the next patch.


Next is "Bee Girl." Not really happy with how they are swinging their "stingers" like swords. So I decided to add a new weapon set - rapiers, that features thrusts. Havn't started on that yet so that will take some time.

A note on monster girls. Monster Girls are a "combination" of monster and girl. And one could choose to lean more on the monster side of things, or on the girl side of things. As for me, I like to lean more on the girl side of things since Monster Girls may not be for everything.

Another common inhabitant of trees and forests are elves (in fantasy games at least). And here they are. As expected, they prefer range and uses a lot of archery. This is an "Elf Apprentice," the lowest tier unit of the elf race. Expect to see higher tier units in the future.


Finally, I discovered there is a pathing issue regarding thin objects like the steel fences in Goblin Camp. Some people reported that units tends to get "stuck" on them (thanks for the reports!). It's actually a pathing problem. I tracked down the problem and I know what causes it, but so far, I don't have a good solution.

A workaround for now is that if you see your followers get stuck on these thin objects, move to the same side of fence as the stuck units and give a follow command. Once they are no longer right next to the fences, pathing should resume to work.




7 comments:

  1. Bee girl is fantastic. I hope she paves the way for cat, wolf, etc monsters - although we can make those ourselves for the party with tails and ears. Just need some tigerstripe clothes and paw gloves/boots

    How easy it is to make a feature where you can change the names of your followers? I think a lot of people would like that

    ReplyDelete
  2. how do I download this game?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you though about enemies in dungeons having randomized sliders for height/breasts/etc..?

    I think it would add some sense of variety.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the case for the Goblin enemies and the enemies in the new Woods area.

      Delete
  4. how close is this game to be finished?
    I cant wait!!!

    ReplyDelete